How to use pen gestures for easy navigation!
You might have noticed that you cannot scroll with the pen on the Surface, here is how you can change that.
1) Go to Control Panel
2) Search for Pen and Touch
3) Under the ‘Flicks’ tab, select ‘Practice using flicks’
I recommend changing the sensitivity to Relaxed so it can better recognize a flick. Or change it to what’s more comfortable to you.
Note: Flicks don’t seem to work in Internet Explorer, but they do in Chrome.
New to Windows 8.1? Fret not. Windows Help is here!
1) Hit (Windows Button + Q)
2) Type ‘Help’
3) Launch the Help+Tips app
How to search simply and beautifully in Windows 8.1!
Bring out the Charms bar by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or hit Windows Button + Q) and start typing. That simple.
How to increase your battery life!
1) Switch to Power Saver Mode – Tap the battery icon on the Taskbar and select ‘Power saver’. If the option is not there, click ‘More power options’
2) Reduce your display brightness – Surface automatically adjusts screen brightness based on the ambient lighting of your environment, but you can always make adjustments yourself. Hit ‘Windows Button + C’ on the keyboard, then Settings, then Screen, then use the slider to adjust brightness. (You can also control Screen Rotation here.)
How to quickly take screenshots!
1) Press and hold the capacitive Windows Button on the Surface
2) Press the Volume Down button whilst still holding the Windows Button
3) Find your saved screenshot in Pictures/Screenshots
If you bought a Surface 2 or Surface Pro 2, don’t forget to activate your 200GB SkyDrive and Unlimited Skype. The activation codes expire!